Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Over doing it

You are supposed to keep an eye on those contractions. Anything over 5 per hour means lay down immediately and then if you continue to contract that many over the next hour, after drinking a couple of glasses of water, I think you're supposed to call the doctor.

How much trouble will I get in if I don't call?

All I did was...
  • Set up a pair of bookshelves in the twins' room.
  • Five or so loads of laundry.
  • Walk up and down the stairs.
  • Yell at Caitlin repeatedly (That is a whole post in and of itself!) about how we need her to be helpful.
  • Put the sheets on the crib (Eric put it together today. Hurrah!).
  • Vacuum a little after all the books were moved from the hall onto the bookshelves (Mostly by Caitlin, who was set on her "Glacial Speed" setting and thus the yelling.), revealing drifts of cat hair.
Then I sat down and downed 2-3 tall glasses of water, stared at my swollen feet and started timing my contractions. Still just Braxton-Hicks, but a little too frequent for my peace of mind.

I'm OK. Really.

Tomorrow I'm going to dictate chores from the couch.

1 comment:

Scylla said...

Don't you overdo it again woman! We all love you too much to let you give in to your stubbornness!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...