Monday, August 16, 2010

Finger Painting

Since the twins like to make a mess, I've always been leery of letting them have access to paint. Pencils, pens and markers are an automatic guaranteed mess and will likely result in my walls becoming even more "decorated" than they currently are. Paint just seemed like a horrible, horrible idea.

Except that it was really nice out and I didn't have any other pressing matters (i.e. bread baking or weeding. House cleaning just isn't on my summer list of Things To Do.), I thought we'd give it a whirl.

First we had to get mostly naked, though, because I know what will happen to their clothes otherwise. Then I put down a large piece of paper and a small amount of red and blue paint. Then I went away for a little while, just to let them get into it all on their own. This is the aftermath of the creative process.

Emma looks slightly guilty while Logan is cheerfully showing me his purple hands.

"Is OK to be messy?"

"Logan, you got a little paint on you tummy. I hep you wif dat."

Smoochies!

Emma: "Do you think this is messy enough?"
Logan: "I don't think so."

Logan's hands.

The squiggles on his nose please me.

Show me your hands!

I love Emma's curl here and Logan's soulful eyes.

"That was fun!"

"I'm painting!"

Of course, all good things must come to an end. When their painting day was over, they happily ended up in the bath.

Red + blue = purple!

The purple bath.

That was so much fun that I may yet let them do it again! Maybe next time we'll do yellow and blue....

3 comments:

Candice Suter.....Sweetstuff said...

How cute! I love the pictures. They are darlings and I remember those days with such fond memories. My boys are 19 months apart so we did so many fun things like this together.

Ashley at bosssanders.com said...

They're adorable! BTW IF you're interested, I have a free ebook on my site for SIMPLY FUN activities (up til Saturday). If not, disregard, but I saw pics of them painting and thought you might be interested!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, I love these photos! Your thoughts on paint are the same as mine. The mess, the mess. But in this case, an adorable one, since I didn't have to clean it up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...