Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm not a natural

guitarist. And I am sad and frustrated.

I'm trying really hard and I still get buzzing strings. I've got that sucker's neck in a deathgrip and all I'm getting is a sore thumb (and nicely calloused fingers).

Well, so much for my career as a rockstar! I'll have to stick to plants and photography.

Right now I'm drowning my sorrows in Earl Grey tea and a biscuit. "Cookie," Eric insists. What does he know? The Brits call it a tea biscuit and I'm sticking with them.

Humpf. Stupid fingers! Stupid guitar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you hold the guitar relax your wrist, shake it out and rotate it before you pick it up, if you "squeeze" to hard or hold on to it to tight it will not be comfortable and thus give you sore thumbs(wrists) etc.

Try this next time you play, and remember it's a learned behavior and practice makes perfect, this is something you've never done before and it will take time.

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Don't get discouraged! Any new skill takes time to learn. If it were easy, it wouldn't feel so worthwhile.

Scylla said...

You can do this, not very many people are naturals when it comes to learning to play a musical instrument. Even singers take years and years of training to master their instrument.

Anonymous said...

Bonno from U2 when he first joined had to go and get singing lessions because he was HORRIBLE! How's that for food for thought!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Thanks gang. I'm hanging in there by my calloused, tired fingers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...