Monday, March 05, 2007

Irrational reasoning

Is it a boy? Is it a girl? Is it possible it's twins?

All of these questions will have to wait for their official answer at 20 weeks - some time in June. In the meantime, I will speculate wildly.

Why I think it's a boy:
  1. I'm nauseated daily. Could be testosterone poisoning, as Val put it. You'll have to search for her early pregnancy postings.
  2. I'm gaining weight like mad.
  3. This pregnancy is completely different from my first one with Caitlin. (Yeah, yeah - the "all pregnancies are different" crowd can go wait quietly in the corner.)
  4. I have a boy name I like, unlike the first time*.

Why I think it's a girl:
  1. I come from a pattern of girl, girl, boy, girl. My maternal cousins are girl, girl, boy.
  2. It might just be a completely different pregnancy. (You can come out of the corner now!)
  3. If it is a girl, I've got another great name**.
  4. If it is a girl, she is so grounded! Mommy doesn't like to be sick!

Why it could be twins:
  1. No dreams of either a girl or a boy.
  2. I have two names! Two names I like!
  3. I'm gaining weight like mad.
  4. I'm nauseated every day.
  5. It would make us insane.

So. Who knows?!

Might be kittens though.





* Brandon Reed
** Emma Rayne

By the way, I expect no complaints about the names. None. If you hate them, keep that knowledge to yourself. You'll get used to them eventually. Unless, of course, we have kittens. Then the names will change for sure. Eric says he reserves the right to change the names at any time, up until I'm actually giving birth. Lawyers - they like disclaimers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I reserve the right to change my mind on names up until we file the birth certificate. Lawyers, feh.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you get to give then nicknames too! The fun never really stops.


Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...