Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Unrequited Puppy Love

My puppy did not love me, so I did not take it home.

I am saddened now, that my love was not to be.

Turns out that the one that I liked was the shy one. We put the leash on him (3rd visit) to take him for a walk around the store and he just wasn't that into us (Heh). He didn't like being away from his brother and he just lay down on the floor and looked at me with sad, shy puppy eyes.

Since my love was clearly not returned, I handed the leash and puppy back to the puppy wranglers.

Oh well.

Now, however, Eric is rubbing his hands together with evil joy that the concept of a puppy has now entered the picture. We're not planning on going out and looking anytime soon (that I'm aware of), but the thought is now there. Percolating in the back ground.

The cats are breathing tiny cat sighs of relief, even as we speak. Their space on the bed, still assured.

Now I will go and drown my sorrow in a small bowl of ice cream and some shortbread cookies.

3 comments:

Scylla said...

Sorry there is no puppy to be currently, though maybe that is for the best.

(keep rubbing those hands together Eric, and start planning some "chacne" puppy encounters.)

Tessa said...

hmmmm. puppies. Greyhounds are good too, and have the personalities of dogs-who-think they're cats...

;-)

Lee Gonzales said...

Frankly that does not mean much. When we got Bella she was very shy and reserved and now she is the best.

If in your gut you think that dog is for you, well then maybe it is.

Then again maybe not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...