Monday, October 23, 2006

A day for quick updates

Item the First: I was picked to be on the jury for a federal case! Whoo hoo! I've been wanting to be on a jury for years and was never called! I had to wake up at 5:30am and wait from 8:30am-11:20am for them to finish the jury selection process. We ended at 5pm. I'll be back for two more days, too.

Can't tell you anything about it other than it's a criminal case and that my perspective as a juror has probably changed significantly since Eric is a lawyer.

I totally thought they'd toss me off for that one, but they didn't care once I said, "Intellectual Property".

Item the Second: Due to the above, I missed Misty's swearing in ceremony! She's now an officially licensed lawyer! In Colorado! But she lives in Jersey! OK, well...she's planning on sitting for the bar there too, because she's like that.

Item the Third: Pixel's not dead! He has stopped doing the horrible cry every 5-10 minutes and the appetite stimulant seems to be working. I think it may have been the shots making him miserable, but it doesn't mean he's not going to die. He's just not going to die this moment.

Item the Fourth: I get to go to my parents' 40th wedding anniversary thanks to my brother. He's footing the majority of the bill for all of Chez Hatchet to fly out. Wow! Thanks!

Item the Fifth: I'm exhausted! Listening intensely all day long is very tiring. And my explanation point usage has gotten out of hand! I'm going to bed right after this!

Much story telling about the trial stuff tomorrow! The parts I can tell, that is, about my feelings. Whee! And the decor. Very swank.

Tomorrow. Promise. Really!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...