Tuesday, June 10, 2008

One Good Day

After...um...weeks? of bratty behavior, Caitlin had one good day yesterday so we jumped all over it and had a sleepover with her friend T.

It is bizarre how having an additional kid in the house makes it easier to deal with Caitlin. You'd think one more kid on top of our permanent 3 would make things more chaotic, but instead it has the opposite affect. Caitlin was better mannered and a lot less needy because T was there. We had a couple of run-ins with Whiny Caitlin, but nipped that in the bud by threatening to send T home with her mom, before she'd went home, but Caitlin shaped up nicely. It also helps that I don't bluff.

I have to admit that it felt really good when confronted with the randomly asked, "Can we have a sleepover?" that the answer could be "Yes." The associated squealing was particularly appealing.

They had a great time together and Eric and I kept them up waaaay past their bedtimes. Yes, we did it to them.

Heather and I were outside weeding and planting and we had no idea what time it was. Um. Yeah. It's summer, so what we thought looked like 6 pm was actually 8 pm and we hadn't even had dinner yet. Eek! So after a late dinner and even later dessert, the girls went to bed willingly enough and after some giggling (That woke up the twins at 10 pm. Ack!), fell asleep pretty quickly and both of them slept through the 5 am feeding.

It's good to be a kid!

I wish I could have a sleepover!

5 comments:

kristi said...

I know, right? I couldn't believe last night that it was 8:30 when it felt like 7:00.

Glad the sleepover went well.

Jennifer S said...

It is great to be able to say yes, and I know my kids love hearing it (even if it's not as often as they would like).

My girl is easier, too, when she has someone else around. One on one, anyway.

Sounds like a fun day! (Yay for those)

Missy said...

Hooray for a good day! I am sending positive thoughts your way that it is the beginning of a trend!

Suburban Correspondent said...

Are you kidding? This whole blogging thing is like one big sleepover!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Oh SC, if the blogging thing were like a big sleepover, wouldn't someone be playing with my hair and/or painting my nails? Shouldn't we be talking about the boys? Where ARE you gals?!

Hah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...