Thursday, February 15, 2007

Hunger

What is up with the kind of psychotic hunger that you get when pregnant?

I'm sitting here (this has been going on all throughout the day), working away on pictures, perfectly fine. Not hungry at all.

Suddenly...POW! I'm starving to death, I've got the shakes and I feel ill. I need food NOW! I walk up the stairs on shaking legs and try to find something I can inhale as soon as humanely possible.

Not a lot of leeway with this kind of hunger.

This apple-seed has a lot to answer for already!

Can you ground someone that isn't even born yet?

2 comments:

The Observer said...

I suppose so . . .

You could ground your tiniest one by grounding yourself . . . a good reason stay in bed all day, I suppose.

Me? I don't need a reason! Well, I might need one but don't currently have one . . ..

Scylla said...

I suggest you get some organic smoothies from Stonyfield farm. You can get them from Wild Oats or Whole Foods. They are about 210 calories, have healthy calcium and protein, and are consumable in under 1 minute.

Trust me, they are my emergency blood sugar crash staple, they have been instrumental in me surviving this pregnancy because they allow me enough time to prepare a healthy snack or meal, as they have taken the edge off my hunger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...