Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Unending nausea

Is it a boy or a girl? I don't know (and won't find out until sometime in May - 20 week ultrasound), but I do know that this time around I am nauseous.

Maybe I shouldn't have enjoyed that lack of nausea so much the first time! With Caitlin, I think I got nauseated twice. No seriously! All I had to do was lay down for awhile and it went away. This time? I feel ill pretty constantly throughout the day. I'm not hurling my innards into the Porcelain God, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'd feel better if I did. Just once. Except that I hate throwing up. Bleah!

So yeah, I'm still alive, but I'm waiting for the end of the first trimester.

Oh and I'm feeling paranoid that something might go wrong. I keep trying to have Happy Thoughts! but they are consistently drowned out by Unhappy Thoughts. Dark Thoughts. Yet, at the same time (or moments later), I try to convince myself that the nausea and the ever-rounding tummy is a sign that All Is Well.

I'll be begging for an 8 week ultrasound. Begging.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Ugh! I totally feel for you. I was nauseous 24/7 with my first pregnancy (a girl). I had to force myself to eat and wound up losing 9 lbs the first trimester. It is exhausting trying not to throw up all day. May your first trimester go by quickly!

Scylla said...

I also feel for you, I never stopped vomiting with Marlena. Of course the only time I have gotten nauseated this time around was last week when I caught the stomach flu, so we are matched pregnancy for pregnancy.

Feel better, and you are not going to have any problems with your baby honey. You are fine, he or she is fine as well. Just keep napping and eating as best you can.

Have you tried the saltines first thing in the morning? It helped me a little. As did club soda.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...