Monday, February 26, 2007

Sushi and me

What do you do with the woman with near constant low grade nausea and irrational food hatreds (Chicken has gone the way of salmon - "Out! Out! Damned food!" It's steak all the way, for now!)?

You take her out to dinner at a sushi place, of course!

It's true, I voted for sushi. We'll see how it goes. Normally I only ever eat the cooked stuff anyway, so this won't be very different. I may gag while watching both Eric and Caitlin eat slabs of raw salmon, but since it won't smell like cooked salmon, I probably won't lose my miso soup over it.

The unagi - it calls to me!

By the way, I've been sucking down ginger beers and ginger ales like they're going out of style! My current favorite is from Wild Oats: Natural Brew Outrageous Ginger Ale. It has Jamaican (hey!) and Chinese ginger in it. Too much for Eric's taste, just right for me. There's nothing like ginger beer and saltines to make the pregnant world go 'round.

Or stop going 'round.

Did I mention the cranked up gag reflex action? Yup, got that again this time. Can't hardly brush my tongue without sounding like a cat with an enormous hairball! Fortunately Eric hasn't rushed me off of the carpeting "just in case"....If you've got a cat, you know what I mean. The mad 20 Foot Cat Hairball Dash. How many articles of furniture can you jump over, grab the horking cat and get it to a "safe to vomit on" surface before the cat blows? Without terrifying the cat into running away from you?

Back to food. (Nice transition!)

Unagi. California rolls. Caterpillar rolls. Miso soup. Thai iced tea. Mmmmmm!

Maybe some shopping at Frolic on 32nd. My favorite clothing boutique! I've got an "in" with the owner....

Did I tell you that Caitlin rubs my tummy every morning now? I feel very...Buddha about it. And that I get love notes from school every day? Eric's jealous of the notes, but it's hard to compete with Gestating Mommy! She who will produce the longed for sibling! She whose tummy is now too big for regular jeans but not big enough for maternity gear. She who wants to avoid looking all frumpy with the pregnancy thing and will have to find cute shirts to wear. She who really doesn't want to go shopping for a decidedly short term need, but will anyway because her regular shirts (and pants) just aren't gonna cut it for very much longer.

3 comments:

Scylla said...

You should shop, though really, you will feel frumpy. As I currently feel like the world's largest woman ever!!!

Ahhhh!!

Careful, make sure not to eat any raw sushi, you are not allowed! When you have a bun in the oven, all meat must go into the oven as well!!

I am sooooo going for sushi after he is born, piles of salmon and wasabi strong enough to make a grown man cry.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

No raw fish for me!

Anonymous said...

How about some beef negimaki?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...