Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Like Blood and Oil

Do you ever get the feeling certain people just aren't meant to be related? I often do.

Hey! Guess what?! My parents are in town, but I don't know when I'll get to see them since they are under my brother's control (He has a car, they didn't choose to rent one.) and he cavalierly suggested in the background that "We'll see her when we see her." As in, who gives a rat's ass about your schedule. We'll show up when I feel like driving the folks over there.

Oh yeah. This is gonna be a great ten days. We're off to a faaaaabulous start.

Sadly, my kid sister and her family can't make it to the twin's shindig. Cindy, you'll be missed! On the bright side, my older sister will be here next Friday (Just in time for the party.) with her shiny new fiancé, Matt, who I'm dyin' to meet! Vive l'amour!

I'm 39 years old, does the family drama crap ever end? Do brothers ever grow the hell up?

5 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Does your brother have kids? Maybe he's totally unaware of the scheduling needs of families. I have an unmarried brother like that. No clue whatsoever. And, yes, it is very irritating - especially when he tries to give us child-rearing advice!

Scylla said...

Ugh, sorry he is being inconsiderate again.

Maybe you should just give them your car for the week, so they can visit you whenever you want, AND drive a porsche!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

SC: No kids, he's not even married. Although I am glad he doesn't dispense child-rearing advice! Whew!

Misty: HA! A-hahahaaaaa!
*gasp* *wheeeeeeeeeeeeze*

Hah!

My mom can't drive a stick anymore and Eric would die before loaning out his baby.

Madge said...

no and no

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Madge: it sounds like YOU have a story with that answer. Dontcha?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...