Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Logan's First Kiss and Other Developments

Logan's first kiss is mine! Mine, I say!

A couple of days ago, Logan leaned over and gave me a kiss on the nose, with an actual lip-smacking noise. It was so endearing that I immediately melted into a puddle and didn't revive until yesterday.

At least that's my reason for not posting, and I'm sticking with it!

To make it up to you, I bring you assorted stories and pictures of cuteness.

On 9/10, I was fed up with his comb-over
Mr. Crazy Hair.

and finally broke out a pair of scissors and snipped off the offending locks. He now looks very "boy" in a way that is somehow different from "baby with comb-over".
Seriously cute. Even with a comb-over.

On the walking front, while Logan has taken a few steps here and there, they mostly seem to be of the drunken frat boy variety: stumbling and falling. Until he takes three solid steps on his own, I'm not counting him as "walking". Otherwise, he's happy to crawl
Crawlin' with his new 'do. No, I have no plans of opening a salon. Why do you ask?

or to be helped to "walk" along with his dad.
Lookit that belly! You can practically see the sign saying "Apply Zerbert Here" can't you?

Don't get me wrong, he stands on his own really well, he's just not interested in walking. I figure he's determined that he's just better at crawling and that he has his whole life ahead of him to walk. Right now he can be carried all the time, and who wouldn't like that?

Emma, on the other hand, isn't doing too much more in the walking category other than her original 3 steps. She's happy zipping along in her funny little crawl, furniture and leg cruising.
Furniture cruisin'.

She has also developed her very own "walker" using the little green trash bin I bought to use as a toy cache for the living room. Oh and she growls.

Here she is doing both at the same time.
"Rarrr!"

Wait, here's the full effect.
"Blearrrrrgh!"

She's a goofball. Can't imagine where she got it from!

On the language front, the twins seem to have figured out the word "kitty", or something rather like kitty and a variation of "Caitlin". It sounds very like "Kay-in" or "Kayd-in". Either way, they both know how to say her name and went completely bananas when I showed them her picture online yesterday. I think they like her!

Caitlin shows off her roly-polies.

Emma doesn't appear to have any more teeth pushing through and even though Logan has been chewing on his index finger recently, he's decided to set his own record for latest teether in the Hatchet household. Not a single ivory tusk is anywhere to be seen in his jaw. Both of Emma's bottom teeth have come in very nicely and she's been testing them out on assorted foods and me. Ow!

The twins are looking forward to turning one in another 11 days. They hear there are going to be lots of folks there to sing to them and squeal over them. The twins like squealing. Ooh and cake. They especially like cake!

2 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

These little guys are so cute. Makes me want twin babies, even though I know better!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

SC: Thanks! You know, teenagers in the house you would totally make having twins a walk in the park....Two extra sets of hands that could actually be HELPFUL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...