Friday, September 08, 2006

Being smart enough to come in from the rain

Mostly.

It's raining here. In Colorado. Water is falling from the sky.

No, really! I kid you not! It has been raining on and off all day. I was out gardening (of course) and had to stop because it started to rain on me. I stuck it out through the very light drizzle part, since I had plants in hand that needed to get put back in the ground. However, when I could actually feel raindrops hitting my back, I had to call it quits.

Later, I returned in the afternoon to finish putting in that last plant. It had been waiting since noon but since it's so overcast, cool and rainy I didn't have to worry about it drying out, even with its roots exposed.

What is it about rainy days that make me so sleepy and sort of sad? The Beebs is sleeping upstairs, tired out from a day filled with three recesses.

I am not joking: three.

You can see how you'd need a nap to recuperate!

Well, I guess I'll just have to go and make some garden drawings, since I can't move that poppy mallow I had my eye on. Due to the rain.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...