Wednesday, October 01, 2008

If Food::Love as Plants::Hope, Then...

Family:: ?

Crazy? Heartbreaking? Wonderful? Surprising?

Or possibly all of the above? You didn't know there'd be a quiz today, did you?

My folks have all gone back to their respective normal lives; lives bereft of direct interaction with twinnage. Those are sad lives, indeed. Much quieter, too. Possibly they even get more sleep. Poor suckers! They don't know what they're missing! (Take me with you!)

I had a great time hanging out with my mom and dad, my sister and her fiance, Matt. Interestingly enough, Matt surprised me in the best possible way. I've never had anyone sneakily leave me a fantastically nice thank you note before. I...I was verklempt upon reading it and right then I knew that he was the right guy for Dawn. Go Matt!

Dawn positively glows with happiness these days and it's been a long time since I last saw her happy, so anyone that has that sort of effect on her gets good marks in my book. Added to that, though, he was terribly interesting and multi-faceted, the twins and Caitlin liked him and he treated us to a little rock-n-roll and computer-talk bonded with Eric. Plus, he has crazy tattoos that speak to both his utter geekiness (A floppy disk? Really?!) and wild crazy rockstar action.

He also really appreciated "shopping" in my garden for veggies since he's a vegetarian. Way to go BIL!

Speaking of my garden, my father spent the better part of the week ripping his way through the evil lamb's ear plants that were taking over. Mom said to give him something to do and by golly! that's just what I did! He went to town on the weeds and left me with a nice blank canvas to start over with the part-shade plants I had picked up with Mom at The Plant Mecca. Thanks Dad!

Saying goodbye to him on Tuesday was harder than I thought it would be.

However, I'll save that story for tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...