Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just a little peek!

Went the the regularly scheduled doctor's appointment today.

I am double trouble! High risk for twins and age! Yay me!

Oh and I need to drink a lot more water. Two liters. Every day. ACK! How?! I'll do my best.

Terms like bedrest and early labor got bandied about. Disconcerting, yes, but not unexpected. We even got a little heart doppler action, although she was only able to find the heart beat to one baby (Twin B again!) and sent me off for a quick scan. Oh, she also told me that I'm going to see them a lot more often and get ultrasounds more often for them to track the twins' development.

They want to make sure that one isn't making off with more nutrients than the other. Just what they would intend on doing should such an occurrence take place, I've no idea. Send in extra shakes and fries? Grounding the offender?

The upshot is that, yes, there are still two in there and they both appear to be fine with heart rates tripping along (They sound like tiny trains: choo choo choo choo!) at 137 and 146 bpm and no there's no way you can tell the sexes apart by heart rate. Just thought I'd get that one out of the way early! I'll find out during the amnio what combination of girl/girl (25%), boy/boy (25%), girl/boy (50%) I am carrying around. Until then, guess all you want. Don't remember your Mendelian inheritance? Same reason why Caitlin has slate blue eyes while both Eric and I have brown eyes.
Twin B is on the left, Twin A is on the right. Sorry it's so small! They're still moving and shaking in there, even if I can't feel them yet.

Yay ultrasounds!

1 comment:

ellen said...

In the summer you should be drinking 2-3 litters a day! It seems like a lot of water but the babies need it just like you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...