Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'm sooooo pregnant!

Did I mention that I currently look like someone who is 6 months pregnant?

Did I?

Did I mention that by the time I'm 8 months along, I'll look and feel like TEN MONTHS?! And that I'll have part of a whole 'nother month to go through?!

Did I mention that part?

In case you lost track, I'm currently at the beginning of 4 months. Oy!

So let's talk about food! I have noticed a difference in my crazy hunger level now that I'm drinking more water. It has helped a lot. Imagine that! Now I need to eat correctly and that takes more effort than just pouring out a bowl of Peanut Butter Bumpers. Loads of sugar, ain't much else except crunch! Of course, I like the crunch....

Just to give you an idea of just how much food I should be eating, here's a sample menu for twins pregnancy from the Multiples book.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled eggs
1 oz Canadian bacon
2 slices whole wheat toast
1 oz cheddar cheese
1 banana

2nd Breakfast (OK, they call it "Mid-morning", but we know what they really mean!):
2 slices whole wheat toast
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 apple
1 cup milk

Lunch:
2 oz tuna (Can't stand the thought of it!)
2 sliced toasted rye (Not ever! Ew!)
1 small Lettuce/tomato salad
1/2 cup potato salad
1 cup ice cream
1 cup milk

Tea time (Or "Mid-afternoon"):
4 Ritz crackers (Um, bleah!)
1 oz liver pate (Double bleah!)
1/2 cup fresh grapes

Dinner:
5 oz broiled steak
1 small baked potato
1 tbsp sour cream
1 small Caesar salad
1 dinner roll
1 cup milk
1 cup tapioca pudding (Ugh!)
1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Dessert:
1 cup ice cream

Bedtime:
3/4 cup Cereal
1 cup milk
1/2 cup fruit

--p. 258-9

Are you scared yet? I am!

By the way, if eating that much sounds like fun to you, you can carry the twins! I'm not sure how I can choke down that much food, really, but if I want two 6 lb babies (that's my current infant goal weight), I need to.

On the bright side, I picked up some Canadian bacon and Mmm mmm! It's good! I've also stopped eating the ridiculous cereals and am now making myself take the extra few minutes to make hot oatmeal (with dried cranberries or cherries and nuts!). Whole grains, baby! Err...babies! I've also picked up several ingredients for the recipes in the back of the book and will start cooking away. (Now that I'm more awake, I can help out more with the cooking. I even made Eric breakfast today. I rock!) Some look pretty good. One in particular looks revolting: French toast with ham and cheese. Cinnamon raisin bread made into ham and cheese sandwiches, soaked in eggs, then toasted. Bleaaarrgh!

But maybe that's just me.

Oh, more good news from The Book.
  • Since I've already had a kid, my risk of delivering prior to 35 weeks is half that for a first timer.
  • Women over age 30 are significantly more likely to carry twins for at least 35 weeks than younger women. The age thing suddenly is to my advantage!
  • I don't currently have a high stress job. Good riddance, The Man!

Yay me!

So there it is. I'm feeling hopeful.

Less than two weeks to go for the amnios. More hope to come!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Bring on the protein! Wow, I think I was eating about that much when I was pregnant with the boys. Ok maybe not quite so much protein at breakfast, eggs, canadian bacon, and cheese? oh wait that sounds like a great sandwich!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...