Monday, April 02, 2007

If I feel good something must be wrong with me

For one short moment earlier today, I felt...good. Normal. Non-pregnant. I was neither hungry nor thirsty, nauseated or tired, weepy or psychotically mad.

You know how I immediately responded? By thinking something had happened to the twins.

Awww man!

I feel good for one half hour period and my brain immediately starts bringing on the Worst Case Scenario book. What the heck?!

Clearly I am insane. However, it is also perfectly normal according to many different pregnancy books. Feeling "not pregnant" and then panicking is normal. Great! Or something.

I'm still waiting to feel them start moving deep inside. Occasionally I think I've felt something, but since there's so much going on with my intestines as they move out of the way, that I wind up discounting it as gas. Of which, I am full. Thank you. Never fear! I will keep you updated with the thrill of official movement reports.

I wonder if they'll duke it out when they get big enough to interfere with one another?

2 comments:

Scylla said...

It is normal to panic when you feel good. However, it is also normal to feel a lot "less" pregnant in the second trimester. Don't worry though, you will continue to look and be pregnant.

Remember, I felt little Oliver at 3 months, you could be feeling them, instead of gas. Women in touch with their bodies can feel their babies move very early, especially when they know what it feels like from a previous pregnancy.

I am still pregnant! AND HUGE!! Boy you should see me.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Take a picture! I want to see! Ooh - take your measurements and we'll compare mine to yours in the 9th month!

It would be cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...