Monday, April 23, 2007

Movement!

Early in the dark this morning, I woke up with a cat stomping on me. I don't know why they like the darkest hours before the dawn to stomp on me, but they do. I don't sleep as heavily as I used to, because you never know when your bladder will protest lack of attention.

While I was laying there, partly on my side and partly on my back, I felt a distinct shift taking place in my gut.

It was clearly not my intestines.

It was clearly not by my actions - I was laying perfectly still.

Baby B went from what felt like a horizontal to a vertical position. And that was it.

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting to feel something. Anything. To give me clues that everything is still OK in there. I thought, from time to time, that I was feeling something, but since early movements often feel like gas bubbles, it's hard to be certain.

Now I'm certain.

Tomorrow is the next milestone: amniocentesises. Amniocentesi? Two amnios.

I've been reassured by women coming out of the woodwork telling me that they aren't all that bad, really and over very quickly. As a bonus, there will be yet another ultrasound to guide the needle in.

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Scylla said...

Good luck and yay to baby movement!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Farmer Hatchet, you've had a couple of big days. I'm so excited for your plant business & thrilled at the first felt baby wiggles. Hugs & hopes to see your plant stand before too long. I haven't planted anything yet, thanks to a deep suspicion of Colorado weather. Oh, and, yeah, I'm in NJ.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Well, you can't plant most things right now, unless they're already hardened off - like the plants I was selling this weekend. They've been outside all winter, so nothing fazes them!

Being in NJ would definitely hamper your ability to dig a few holes in Colorado, yeah. : )

Enjoy your visit - kiss everyone for me!

ellen said...

Good luck tomorrow! Or maybe today...

I think it's awesome that you are taking a love for plants and making a business out of it. I can't wait to hear how things go as the summer progresses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...