Saturday, April 14, 2007

My furry alarm clock

went off at 5:30am this morning.

And it doesn't have a snooze button.

It wanted to play.

Domino stomped all over me at 5:30 this morning, a time when I've (recently) been getting up into order to pee and eat early First Breakfast. Today, however, I just wanted to sleep, so he decided to start playing with the ties on my pajama bottoms. While fun for him, it was mostly irritating to me. Blearily, I pushed his paws away, but that didn't work. Then I tucked the ties away and that helped. Petting him wasn't enough attention, he said.

I've learned over the years how to pet cats while still 90% asleep. It's a Ninja Cat Owning Move. It's either that or chuck them from the bed and I'm not the chucking type. Eric is. (And he wonders why the cats love me more?!)

So Domino jumps off the bed and jingles off down the stairs, his tags tinkling together. Then I heard it: click, draaaaaag, clackitah-clackitah-clack, coming up the stairs. He jumped back into the bed and dropped his Squirrel On a Stick in my lap.

Insistent little bugger!

Now that I was more awake and had had my bladder jumped on repeatedly, I had to get up. I did and took the toy with me into the bathroom. I wiggled it a little and then left it behind when I returned to bed and caught a few more zzzzz's before it was time to wake up and feed the ravenous twins.

Five thirty is way too early for cat toys!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...