Monday, April 16, 2007

Return of The Hatchet Jurist

There's apparently just something about me that makes the lawyers like me.

I've been chosen again to be on a jury, this time in County court. So I'll be gone all day, every day for 4.5 days, listening, starving and trying not to fall asleep. Oh, and my ankles will be swelling.

Can't talk to you about it until it's over, just like last time except that it's a Civil case about a car accident and I am one of 6 jurists. There had been a 7th, but he somehow managed to beg, cajole or threaten his way out of serving. Now there's no alternate, so I guess no one had better get sick!

County court is very different from the Federal court. Much more casual, if that term applies to a very formal process!

I'll let you know how it goes on Friday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to get a jury duty postponement in order to leave for NJ this weekend. So, come May 21, it's back in the barrel for me. Hope your case is at least interesting. Do they let you take snacks?

Woman with a Hatchet said...

I am a snacking and drinking fiend. I've stuck with quiet food, though. No chips. : )

Sitting for that long is really hard, though, and at the end of the day my ankles are swollen and my belly is unpleasantly tight. I'm asking for more breaks today and see.

Scylla said...

County court is significantly more casual. It's where I used to wear my brightly colored toe socks to court to cheer my clients. (They were all under 12)

Love you baby, see if the court will let you put your feet up on another chair, or bring a pillow to sit on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...