Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Yeah, what's up with that?



Well, except for Caitlin. Untimely ripped from her mother's womb and all that. Or, was it timely done, since she wasn't coming out any other way?

Otherwise, as the video we watched last night in the Refresher Birth Class showed us:

Insert dry technical voice-over here.

An incision is made through the skin and the fat layer beneath. Then forceps are used to streeeetch the opening wider (I started feeling ill at that point, even though it was just an animation and not "live".) so that the surgeon can push the muscles to either side. After that, another incision is made in the wall of the uterus. The baby(ies!) are pulled out, head first through the opening and handed off to the Infant Brigade, then the placenta(s!) are removed. Finally, the uterus is sewn back up, muscles replaced where they belong, forceps released, fat and skin layers sewed up and the mother is none the wiser.

Save for the crying of her newborn child(ren).

Oh man! I don't want to be there when that happens! Do you suppose they'd give me Valium to take the edge off? Or remove a little of that fat layer while they're in there? That would be nice.

Squicked out yet?

2 comments:

Missy said...

Yeah, why can't they just do a little tummy tuck while you're all trussed up? Wish I had thought of that...

Yeesh. My husband likes to tell the part of our second child's birth (she was a planned c-section that turned unplanned when I went in to labor prior to the planned date.) he didn't watch but could see the doctor's pulling me apart just over the curtain. He likes to do visuals with his explanation to annoy me and creep me out. I have to stop thinking about this right now.

Your belly look great by the way. Hats off to you for hanging in there like this. I don't think anyone would blame you for biting people right now. I am pretty sure that were I in your shoes I would be ripping heads off and throwing them over fences with fair regularity. I was a grummpy pregnant lady past the second trimester. Hang in there!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Thanks Missy! I keep hoping an anti-grav unit will appear to help me sleep better. No such luck.

So far...!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...