Saturday, December 09, 2006

Birthday Week

This is a week full of celebrating Eric. First there was the actual birthday, here, which was very low key. Then there was dinner with his mom at L'Atelier on Friday night.

I have to tell you, it totally rocked! The food was fantastic! The service was exceptional. The bill was not too horrendous. The food was pretty. Did I mention it was fabulously yummy? Wow! I haven't eaten anything that tasted that good in...I don't know how long! You should go, really. Make up a reason, it's in Boulder, go there. Eat. Be merry. Enjoy the loveliness of it all. And order the lobster. I swear that sucker was poached in butter. The chocolate bag and Tarte Tatin were sinfully delicious. MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Oh, yes...moving on!

Tonight is the birthday party that features a coconut cake with coconut buttercream frosting made by yours truly. One pound of butter. Many friends coming for this.

Tomorrow will be dinner at The Melting Pot with Eric's Dad and Sue. More yumminess.

Food is love around here - but in the good way. We express love through our cooking and celebrate good things with good food and good restaurants.

Of course, it does make it hard to go somewhere inexpensive. Damned palates!

To Linda I send out a big Thank you. Go on, click it. You know you want to.

And now for a party!

Ciao!

Updated with pictures!

The cake. Coconut cake, 4 layers with coconut buttercream frosting. One pound of butter in the frosting alone. Ten eggs. Rich! And the "...best cake I've ever had in my life!" Quoth one rave reviewer.
Prize for the worst wrapped gift went to Mike. Self-claimed title, I'm not talkin' smack! It was a green laser. Oooh - tech toys!
The singing. He loves it.
Blowing out of the candles. Note the cappucino next to the cake. We had to wait on cake-ness until Eric finished playing the barista. Having your own espresso maker is a double edged sword, ain't it?

Happy birthday party!*



* These are the only photos from the party. I was so busy socializing that I didn't bother shooting everything. Needless to say, it was a great party and everyone went home happy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...