Monday, January 21, 2008

Fortress of Solitude

I haven't got one.

It used to be a woman could get some time alone by heading to the bathroom.

Not anymore.

Not a shower or other bathroom visit goes by without a twin visit (enabled by Eric). I normally do some good thinkin' in the shower, but that's a little hard to do when you hear the crying moving towards you. Next thing you know, the door opens with a whoosh! of cold air being sucked out of the room and unhappiness in the form of a twin enters.

"They just want to see you." the long suffering husband says as he peeks the twin around the shower curtain.

It gets worse: you know you're talented when you can nurse, undress, and pee all at the same time.

It's a talent I wish I didn't have.

The only time I am truly alone now is when I escape the house to run an errand on my own. Unfortunately the time is very limited and shopping isn't exactly a zen experience for me.

One day, I'll be able to find some time alone again, but I suspect it may not be for years. I remember Caitlin was very helpful at potty time: since she was being cheered on for her efforts, she could be counted on to cheer you on for yours. I feel certain that that situation will repeat, in stereo.

Then again, three years seem to fly by these days. Maybe the Potty Cheering Squad isn't such a bad thing after all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...