Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Wow!

We just finished watching the season premiere of Battlestar Gallactica.

And it was awesome!

Yeah, yeah. I know! Where have we been for the last 4 years?

What can I tell you, we just don't watch TV here at Chez Hatchet. However, now we can just go out and rent/borrow/purchase the entire series and watch the whole thing over the course of a month or two. Just like we did with Buffy, Firefly, 24 and Horatio Hornblower.

I must tell you that 24 doesn't hold up well under such treatment. There's only so many times you can hear Jack say "We're running out of time!" before you wanna just smack him. (Sorry Dan!) Thus we never completed the 3rd season before we burned out on it. And really! Why the hell did Jack's daughter never learn a bloody martial art and weapons training?! You'd think after the first time she was kidnapped she'd have learned something. Geez!

So yes, the excitement never stops around here as we discover characters everyone else has loved for the last several years. Whee!

Starbuck? Yes, she rocks. I like her!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

And did you see the miniseries? I don't think I ever saw all of it so I want to go back at some point and catch it.

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Hmmm. How would I know the difference? This lasted a good 2 hrs or so. We saw the ragtag band head off to the redline and end with talk of finding Earth and saw the 12 cylons. Is that the miniseries or the premiere?

Mrs. Grumpy said...

Could have been Razor? I totally blame my husband for me becoming scifi nerd. I am totally hooked on Battlestar. Most of the women are bad ass! I have the season 4 premier date circled on my calendar.
And I read comic books...

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Melanie, I am enjoying the fact that the women aren't all shrinking violets. I really like the President, who used to be in charge of education.

Coolness!

Comic books are also cool. I read them a lot in high school and college, so you're in the right place if you're a sci-fi nerd.

Of course the next step is gaming: D&D or some roleplaying variant. THEN you're really a geek! Like us. Hah!

Scott said...

I remember watching 'Startacar Ballactica' with a young Marlena...

Scylla said...

House is very similar, you get to hear "It's auto-immune" about three thousand times.

Red Flashlight said...

It was the mini-series! These guys are just newbies to BSG. No spoilers in the comment section please . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...