Thursday, June 21, 2007

Birthday Invites

Caitlin's birthday is in exactly one week - she will be 6 years old.

I'm not quite sure how we made it this far - heck she's a first grader now! - but we did. We have a couple of things planned for her: on Thursday we're going with the local grandparents and Cousin Max to see the Cirque du Soleil; on Sunday we're having a party for her friends and Cousin Max at the local gymnastics center. Normally we'd have the party in our backyard, but I'm too pregnant for crazy heat and rushing about serving food to 21 friends and family members. Instead, we've cut back by having a limit of 12 kids and Eric and I.

For those of you that are out of town (Marlena!), we're sorry you won't be here this year. Maybe next year!

All of this to say, I wanted to show off the invite. This is how I'm avoiding cleaning my room!

Front (folds in half):
Inside (folds in half):
Whaddaya think? This is how I'm "saving money": by creating it myself. Well, not completely by myself. I used the Japanese Foliage Brushes that this guy created. He rocks! If he ever does animals I'll never buy invites again! As it is, I may never buy invites again anyway.

Here's last year's invite:
These stamps are from the Fresh Foliage collection. Fun!

Updated to add: Forgot the key ingredient in our invites. A short note that says:
"Present optional! If you feel so inclined, please avoid Bratz, Barbies and Polly Pockets. Barbie accessories are OK (I gave in once. Oy!) Thanks! --She Who Has to Clean Up"

Because I am a Mean Mommy, that's why.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...