Final Vital Statistics:
- Weight: +65 lbs
- Waist: 51"
- Cervix: Firmly and resolutely closed (as of Monday's appointment).
- Logan will be just over 7 lbs and will be longer than Emma.
- Emma will weigh slightly less than Caitlin did at birth (Caitlin was 6 lb, 14 oz).
- Someone will have blonde hair.
- Someone will have curly hair.
- I will lose between 20-30 lbs by the time I return home on Sunday.
- I still won't be able to see my feet when I look straight down.
- Eric will make me laugh again and hurt my incision. I will consider poking him sharply, but will be too drugged to make the effort.
- Once I can eat real food, Eric will once again hunt up a feast of desserts. Oops! I didn't tell you that part of the story originally.
When we were stuck in the hospital last time and I was once again able to eat real food, I told Eric that I wanted some cake from the market across the street from the hospital. Being the smitten, sleep deprived sweetheart that he is, he went across to go get some cake. Since I hadn't specified what I wanted and he was presented with so many delectable options, he took one slice of each that was offered, came back and presented me with a bag filled with 7 different types of cake (Yet another reason why we're still together after 15 years - he's quick witted!). We couldn't finish all of it before we left the hospital, so we left them at the desk with the nurses who then sang Eric's praises heartily. Nothing like feeding maternity ward nurses to gather a little good karma. I recommend it!
- There will be much squealing from my MIL and SIL. They're squealers. My mom will use her talking-to-infants voice, which sounds remarkably like her talking-to-kitties voice. Then again, I use that same voice, too, so I can't criticize.
- At some point I will drag myself out of bed just so I can photograph everything and everyone and will get a stern warning to get the hell back in bed from friends, family and staff.
Here's a little something I have been working on for you. Click on it and see it work (it may take a few moments to load fully).