Thursday, August 30, 2007

Doctor! Doctor!

Here I am, sitting on top of 34 weeks. From this point on, if I go into labor, the docs won't stop me [Insert maniacal laughter here.].

But, am I in labor? Nope.

Do I look like I'm going to be in labor anytime soon? Nope.

Cervix of Steel, baby.
Cervix Of Steel!


Or as my doctor put it, "Closed tight like Tupperware!". Why yes, she did just compare my cervix (my over achieving cervix) to plasticware. Doctors are wacky!

I had a funny moment in the hall on the way to the appointment, when I shared a commiserating smile and nod with another very pregnant women. She suddenly looked me up and down and exclaimed, "You have ankles!".

Why yes, yes I do. Hers, unfortunately, were gone. Straight to Cankleville. We compared notes: she's pregnant with a singleton and is at 35 weeks. I couldn't help but notice that she only had an itty bitty water bottle, while I'm schlepping around the liter sized container the hospital gives out. Hmm! Her belly was tiny compared to mine. OK, well not tiny, perhaps more like me...two months ago! I think my current slacker lifestyle and constant water drinking is what has left me with ankles.

Hey, the doctors all said, "Take it easy!" so I'm taking it easy. As easy as I can stand to, at any rate. Of course, my body is in full agreement with the docs and doesn't want to walk anywhere without complaint, so I give in a lot. Then again, I've got two people to watch out for, so I'm taking it a lot easier than I would have otherwise.

Now it's time for...

Vital Statistics!
  • Weight: +58 lbs
  • Waist size: 50" +/- .5" depending on water intake
  • Heart rates: ~160s for Logan and ~150s for Emma
  • Fundal measurement: 44 cm. Four weeks "past due".
  • Cervical dilation: None. "Tight as Tupperware."
  • Still snorky due to my allergy, but no where near as bad as it was on Monday. I'm no longer thinking about removing my head longingly. Determined that only 1 Benadryl pill isn't enough to put me in a coma and barely touches my congestion. Looks like I'll try two tonight.
  • Energy: Not too bad. My first night in my new chair went pretty well. I had company, too. Domino wanted to help break it in with me, so I moved him out of the middle, reclined it, popped out the footrest and he slept on the footrest all night. Aww! I only had to get up twice last night. It's a miracle! (Of course, I didn't go to sleep until 1 am.) And the shortened distance to the bathroom? Awesome!
Time to drink more water.

Up to four (4) weeks left!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...