Thursday, August 23, 2007

Riddle me this

Why is it that if I don't check email for three days (normally unheard of for me!), when I do check it, it's filled with all kinds of nasty spam. Who are these people that think I want penis enhancement?!

I've got spam filters galore, but it doesn't seem to slow them down any. So if you've sent me a note in the last 3 days and are wondering why I haven't gotten back to you, it's because I'm slogging through my inbox.

Want some prescription drugs cheap! from Canada? Got lots of offers about those, too.

Am totally considering siccing my ex-computer hacker honey on them. Maybe he could send them a virus? Oh the temptation!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well if that's the case can I borrow him too? It seems I email, therefore I am spammed. ugh

Anonymous said...

Spam? What's spam? (Mac user ducks...)

Kate

Woman with a Hatchet said...

I only WISH I could have/afford a Mac.

Le sigh!

Anonymous said...

"Spam? What's spam? (Mac user ducks...)"

Has nothing to do with what operating system you use. I'm on Linux and I get a huge amount of spam, although my multiple layers of spam filtering catches most of it. Now spyware and viruses on the other hand are 99% focused on Windows, so Macintosh and Linux systems are much better in that regard.

Cousin Janet in NY said...

When I first met my husband Joseph in '89, his mother introduced me to a really unhealthy but yunmmy food SPAM that comes in a can & you slice it & fry it in a hot pan & it is delicious. Decedantly unhealthy I'm sure but the fat just melts in your mouth. Great with eggs - yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm new to this - what are these funny letters we have to report in the box below here for????????

Woman with a Hatchet said...

The funny letters are to prove that you are a human and not a "spam-bot", running around and leaving spam messages on everyone's blog.

On other blogs, that don't have the randomized word as a filter, you see plenty of spam that gets added in. I really don't need to see ads in my comments, so I make everyone take that extra step. Sorry gang!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...