Friday, November 09, 2007

Bath Time

Is it a bad sign that the twins are 6 weeks old and I've only bathed them 3 times?

Umm...

Before you freak out and call CPS, you'll be relieved to know that my mom and husband have been right on top of all our bathing needs. I've been busy. Yeah, that's it. Busy! You know, nursing the other twin whilst the dirtier of the pair (Read: the more vomitrocious of them.) was bathed.

That and I'm a big chicken.

Infants are slippery! And very loud when wet. Really loud. Really loud in an enclosed space. They complain mightily, those slippery little devils. So I left it up to Eric after mom returned to the wilds of Canada and he was great it it! And I was busy nursing. That is until one day when Emma was sleeping while Logan was in desperate need of a bath (Hint: vomit was involved.). Eric then got all uppity and made me do it. Rats!

This was Logan's response:

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Who the heck is this? What's she doing?

OK, the hair washing is nice. Wait! Why is she taking off my clothes?! Doesn't she know it's cold in here? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

This sink is cold, but the running wet is nice. Why'd she just turn it off? Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! It's cold again! Aaaaaaaaah! The wet stuff is cold again! Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! I'm slipping! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

This is ridiculous! Get the guy in here! Don't you need licenses for this stuff? Training? Practice? Anything? Will they let any old person wash a baby? Aaaaah!

Oh, is it over now? Thank goodness!

Stick to makin' milk, lady. Clearly that's the only thing you're good at."

Today, however, I proved just how much I'd learned in the intervening bathing period. Today I washed Emma, little Miss Screams A Lot. You know what? It went really well! She hardly screamed at all. Yes, minimal screaming is the best you can hope for when it comes to Emma and bathtime.

This time around, I washed her in the tub, using the Safer Bather and it went really smoothly. A short scream for daring to remove her clothes and one to lodge her official complaint about being placed in the water. After that, once I warmed her up by pouring water over her nicely plump tummy she was OK with it. One final scream to acknowledge leaving the bath and that was it!

Maybe Logan will give me a second chance when he hears about this!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...