Thursday, November 01, 2007

Five weeks

Are you ready for cute?

Are you ready for cute?!

Emma:
  1. Getting bigger every day.
  2. The thrush is improving, although she's still hollering and shoving away/pulling off the breast while nursing about half the time.
  3. Throws up if you try to give her thrush medication after nursing. Found that out the hard way. Twice.
  4. Her cold is gone.
  5. Smiled at me for the first time two days ago.
  6. Is sleeping better at night so long as I stay away from chocolate after 5pm. Last night, I forgot while we were watching the movie and was snacking away. Big mistake at 2am.
  7. Makes funny little laughing sounds in her throat as she falls asleep.
  8. Likes the swing enough to fall asleep in it. Ahhh! Swings!
Look! She's actually sleeping in her crib! Doesn't happen too often, but it worked out right after her bath. If she's really exhausted (And getting bathed is exhausting!), she'll sleep for a good couple of hours. You want to eat her cheeks, don't you? Nawm! Nawm!

Eric holding Emma in a colic hold while she waits her turn to nurse.
Hanging on the mat. This was Caitlin's.
Tummy time. DO NOT WANT!
A little smile for you!
Logan:
  1. Is taking advantage of being on the highly productive breast by nursing alot. He might be catching up to Emma's weight, but I'm not certain.
  2. Has this thing about popping of the breast after having fully pressurized it. He's always so surprised when he gets a face full of milk and I'm usually too busy laughing to stem the tide quickly enough. This involves doing a lot of laundry.
  3. Likes hanging out, quietly alert a lot more than Emma does. He enjoys tummy time on the mat when he gets to practice flipping over and looking at stuff.
  4. He thinks I'm funny and is smiling a little more each day. I'm enjoying snurffling in his ear. (That is too a word! Well, in my house it is!)
Oh my god! The cuteness! Aaaaahhh!
Tiny feet!
Eric and Logan, after a bath. I just missed catching Logan's smile - you can see part of in this picture.
Smoochies from daddy.

6 comments:

Saline County, Arkansas Photos said...

Awwwww! I want another baby!.... My husband is looking over my shoulder and just said, "No you don't!"

Valerie said...

Ack the cuteness! They are looking like Herb!

Woman with a Hatchet said...

Hello Arkansas! What? No more? But they're so cute when they're small...

Well, come on by the blog and visit and you can do the vicarious thing with us. Never even have to change diapers this way, either!

Val: really? Wow. I'll have to check.

Ali said...

Can't wait. CAN'T WAIT!

Valerie said...

Or maybe it's just a family lip. Look at that lip though. I don't think Eric has it but Herb and cousins certainly do...

There's a lip similar but not the same in my family too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my God, they're so CUTE!! Almost as cute as their big sister.
Love & hugs to all--

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...